LWV sponsors display of local maps of new California districts | Politics
California voters required that the state districts be redistricted by a select committee of citizens. That done, and the maps accepted, there is still some confusion as to where district boundaries are set.
To assist with voter education Woodland’s League of Women Voters is sponsoring a map display of the various local districts to help voters determine in which district(s) they reside. The maps are on display in the lobby of the Woodland Community & Senior Center, 2001 East Street, Woodland and can be viewed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The display contains maps of:
• Yolo County’s Supervisorial Districts
• Boundary lines for the City of Woodland
• California State Assembly District 4
• California Senate District 3
• California Congressional District 3
The maps will also be on display during the Candidate Forum Series sponsored by the League. The first forum in the series will feature the six City Council candidates. It is scheduled for Wednesday, April 18, 2012, in the Council Chamber of Woodland City Hall, 300 First Street, Woodland. The four additional forums will focus on the races for Yolo County’s District 5 Supervisor, State Assembly District 4, State Congressional District 3 and the Yolo County Superior Court Judges race. Those forums will be held at the Woodland Community & Senior Center.
Upcoming Events near West Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!