Divers find car, driver in Sacramento River | News
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Searchers pulled a car from the Sacramento River with a woman's body inside Wednesday afternoon.
A California Highway Patrol spokesman said dispatchers received a call from a woman around 8:25 a.m., saying her car had gone into the water and she was stuck inside.
The woman first called relatives that her car's brakes weren't working and they urged her to call 911, the CHP said.
The dispatcher determined the woman's location then attempted to explain to her how to get out of the vehicle, but the line went dead during the call. Dispatch was unable to reestablish contact with the woman.
DART, Yolo County firefighters and sheriff's deputies were sent to 20300 Old River Road where they located evidence that a vehicle had indeed left the roadway.
The woman's family on site has identified the car.
Upcoming Events near West Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Train Rides & Old Sac Underground Tours Resume in April!
- California Nut Festival Announces Jay Veregge from Ten22 as Celebrity Chef!
- 2014 St. Patrick's Parade
- Center for Sacramento History Announces “Inside the Vault Textile Tours: Fabulous Footwear" in April
- Kick-Off Sacramento Beer Week with the Sacramento Brewers Showcase