Pick-up crash shuts down freeway ramp in Sacramento | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - A Ford F-350 pickup lost control as it transitioned from Interstate-5 South onto Interstate-80 East, lodging between a pair of trees.
The crash happened a few minutes before 10 p.m. Tuesday.
The California Highway Patrol said the truck was traveling too fast for the turn and skidded off the ramp and down a slope about 60 yards.
The work truck appeared to be totaled. However, the driver did not appear to be injured, but firefighters took him to UC Davis Medical Center as a precaution.
The CHP said the driver may have been under the influence of alcohol.
The transition ramp was expected to remain closed until about midnight as a pair of tow trucks pulled the F-350 up the embankment.
Upcoming Events near West Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Weekend Train Rides & Old Sac Underground Tours Resume in April!
- California Nut Festival Announces Jay Veregge from Ten22 as Celebrity Chef!
- 2014 St. Patrick's Parade
- Center for Sacramento History Announces “Inside the Vault Textile Tours: Fabulous Footwear" in April
- Kick-Off Sacramento Beer Week with the Sacramento Brewers Showcase