Say goodbye to Saturday mail service | News
WASHINGTON (AP) - The financially struggling U.S. Postal Service says it plans to stop delivering mail on Saturdays, but continue delivering packages six days a week.
In an announcement scheduled for later Wednesday, the service is expected to say the cut, beginning in August, would mean a cost saving of about $2 billion annually.
The move accentuates one of the agency's strong points - package delivery has increased by 14 percent since 2010.
The delivery of letters and other mail has declined with the increasing use of email and other Internet use.
Upcoming Events near West Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sign up now with a Spring Break Special on tuition
- Railroad Museum Offers Monthly “Diesel Days” Beginning this Weekend!
- Sacramento climber blogs that he's safe on Everest after avalanche
- “Living History” Easter Bonnet Promenade & Spring Ball in Old Sac this Saturday!
- 5 Reasons to Attend the Sacramento Beer and Chili Festival