PG&E worker ID'd in fatal West Sacramento truck crash | News
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA - A Packific Gas and Electric employee was killed Friday morning when his utility truck crashed head-on into a traffic pole at the intersection of Southport Parkway and Lake Washington Boulevard in West Sacramento.
The driver was 57-year-old Tommy Gene Flippo Jr. of Woodland, according to the Yolo County Coroner's Office.
West Sacramento police officers responded around 1:50 a.m. and found Flippo dead at the scene.
The coroner said injuries from blunt force trauma caused the Woodland man's death.
Flippo was wearing a seatbelt.
The truck was extensively damaged.
Drivers were advised to stay clear of the intersection, as the traffic pole was unstable and was scheduled to be replaced.
Top West Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old City Cemetery Tour - Fraternal Orders, Secret Societies & Symbolism
- Nehemiah CEO Scott Syphax To Deliver Commencement Address at Drexel University in Sacramento
- Lively, Fun & Free, “Time Travel Weekends” Street Theater Resumes in Old Sacramento on June 29
- Sichuan Spice House - Orangevale
- Tasty Books: Chef Joanne Chang