Some cooling centers open | News
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA - With the high temperatures not expected to abate for several more days, some communities have opened cooling centers for their residents.
Community Center, 1075 West Capitol Avenue, M-F 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m.-2 p.,m., closed Sundays
Arthur F. Turner Community Library, 1212 Merkley Avenue, Saturday 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Sunday 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
Recreation Center, 2801 Jefferson Boulevard, M-F 6 a.m. - 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Yuba City Senior Center, 777 Ainsley Avenue, 8 p.m.-6 a.m. until the heat subsides
City officials suggest those who cannot escape the heat during the day, the local library or Yuba City Mall are alternatives
Top West Sacramento Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old City Cemetery Tour - Fraternal Orders, Secret Societies & Symbolism
- Nehemiah CEO Scott Syphax To Deliver Commencement Address at Drexel University in Sacramento
- Lively, Fun & Free, “Time Travel Weekends” Street Theater Resumes in Old Sacramento on June 29
- Sichuan Spice House - Orangevale
- Tasty Books: Chef Joanne Chang