$4,000 reward offered in case of tortured dog | Crime
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA - For your help to catch a dog murderer, you can be awarded $4,000, said a nonprofit animal protection organization.
RedRover, based in Sacramento, is offering $2,500, on top of $500 being offered by Jack Sellers Racing and $1,000 reward from the Yolo County Sheriff's Officer, to anyone with information on who killed the Chihuahua mix B.J.
On July 26, Yolo County Animal Services responded to the 1700 block of Merkley Avenue and found the small dog dead, the sheriff's office said.
B.J.'s mouth was tied shut, his legs bound together and he had a broken neck.
"We hope our reward will encourage someone who knows more about this heinous act to come forward with information that could lead to an arrest," RedRover President and CEO Nicole Forsyth said. "Violence toward animals is often a precursor to violence toward people, so West Sacramento residents have a stake in seeing that whoever committed this sick and cruel act is punished to the full extent of the law."
Anyone with information is urged to call the Yolo County Sheriff's Office at 530-688-5287.
Upcoming Events near West Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!
- Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters - Behind the Scenes
- Sacramento Museums Ring in the Holidays with Festive Events & Activities in December
- Dining News: Big Changes Coming to Kamon Sushi