“Cry Wolf,” New False Alarm Information | Community
Last year the West Sacramento Police Department responded to 3,183 false alarm calls. The cost of responding to those false alarm calls was over $150,000 in officer time and resources. In an effort to reduce false alarms and allow police resources to be allocated more effectively, ordinance 12-8 was adopted which amended chapter 8.11 of the municipal code relating to alarms.
The new ordinance mandates an annual alarm permit renewal and revises the fees/fines associated with false alarms. There is no fee for registering your alarm. NOTE: Existing alarm users are required to re-register their alarm into the new system. Registering your alarm automatically grants you an approved permit unless you are notified of issues affecting your approval status.
Upcoming Events near West Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!
- Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters - Behind the Scenes
- Sacramento Museums Ring in the Holidays with Festive Events & Activities in December
- Dining News: Big Changes Coming to Kamon Sushi