Teen arrested in connection with West Sac cat burning | Animal Lovers
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA - A 17-year-old boy was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly lighting a cat on fire in West Sacramento on May 2.
Lt. Tod Sockman of the West Sacramento Police Dept. said Yolo County Animal Control responded to a call of a cat on fire on the 100 block of Circle Ave. on May 2. Arriving personnel took the cat to UC Davis Veterinary Hospital for treatment, where the cat was later euthanized due to the severity of its burns.
Veterinarians treating the cat determined a possible accelerant had been used to burn the animal, said Sockman.
Despite a lack of any witnesses or supplied information, a West Sacramento police detective was able to establish leads which led to the arrest of the boy nearly a month later.
The boy's identity was not released.
Upcoming Events near West Sacramento
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- First in US to be Accredited in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Sutter's Fort Presents Two Holiday & History-Related Events this Saturday, 12/14!
- 10 Gifts Under $10 for Kiddos
- Old Sac Underground Tours Offered for Two Weekends in December!
- Governor's Mansion Presents "Christmas Memories" 12/7 & 14!